The instrument cluster originally had Four gauges; Speedometer, Tachometer, temperature and fuel level.
I want to keep first two but do not need the latter.
I want to add three different EV gauges; high voltage, motor amperage draw and low voltage.
So I figured I would remove the temperature and fuel gauges and replace them with the high voltmeter and ammeter. The low voltmeter will get installed later.
This cluster has been an on and off again project, crafting it now and then between other areas of the conversion whenever I am waiting on a part or having problems and need to quit doing something else for a while.
First I took apart the cluster, removing carefully the clear front lens, the printed circuit and the black panel that holds the bulb sockets and the gauges. Using the tools show here; the 4″ cut off grinder, hole saw, sharp pocket knife and pliers I crafted opening for the voltmeter and ammeter. Both new gauges came with light kits that I later wired into the printed circuit by soldering both positive and negative sides.
Notice the cracked clear lens in the bottom left, all the care in the world when removed, no problems. But it split when assembling.