The TOP TEN Beginning Decisions For EV Builder
1. Motor: size, style, brand, torque
2. Controller size, brand (must fit motor)
3. Vehicle to convert: pickup, subcompact, compact
4. Tools needed
5. Batteries: lithium-ion, lead-acid, nickel-cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium-(etc) and hydrogen fuel cell
6. Battery boxes and ventilation
8. Other electronics and safety equipment.
9. Power Brakes (since we have no vacuum)
10. Heating and Air Conditioning
My first big purchase would be the donor vehicle because the other items will need to fit the vehicle and its weight.